WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Thursday 8 March 2012

Hello Peeps,
This time over at QUOTH THE RAVEN, our Challenge is themed with POE's tale of Premature Burial. How awful would that be - to wake up and find yourself in your own grave. While the modern usage of the verb "wake" is "become or stay alert" meaning, a "wake" for the dead harks back to the antiquated "watch" or "guard" sense. This is contrary to the urban legend that people at a wake are waiting in case the deceased should "wake up."
Anyways, sometimes people had a little bell rigged up to their toe or hand, so that if they should wake up inside the coffin, they could ring it for assistance.
Here is my offering for this challenge:




The two digital images are from the Build A Graveyard Set by Smeared Ink. I coloured my hand digi in PSE9. The cross  and gravestone images were 'paper pieced' onto a photos of marble and alabaster.
If you want to read the work by POE, then go HERE
I hope you will come over to Quoth The Raven to see what my fellow Supplicants to the Master have created for you. :-) 

7 comments:

  1. Fab piece Ike, your digi colouring is so vibrant and I love the paper piecing, especially the headstone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome piece, the thought of being buried alive scares the hell out of me. thanks for the linkie to the story, onna read it now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary...thought provoking and beautiful. You always amaze and inspire me Ike....love BDx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes . . . I'm peeking out from behind a cushion . . . xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. YIKES, fabulous piece, Ike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is so creative you digital colouring is just amazing!

    Hugs

    Amy xx
    P.S. Do you fancy a crafty get away? I am arranging one for October this year and there are still spaces. Click HERE for details

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to Amy but since I live in Greece - it would be a very expensive weekend. Thanks for asking though :-D xxx

    ReplyDelete