WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Thursday 21 July 2011

NEVERMORE

Hello Peeps,

It's Dark Side Day today as I am doing Challenges and the Blog Hop at the Smudged & Smeared Forum.  The very talented Steph is hosting the Guest DT Challenge and she has showed us how to make a really cool resist backing paper using waxed paper and inks. You can see the TuT here. Anyways, one small problemo was that I can't get waxed paper here in Greece. Some of my Forum chums offered to send me some from the US, but I just couldn't wait and had to mess around with some candles. I managed to produce a pretty cool effect with melted wax and plastic baggies so I went ahead and made my creation.
I used basic cardstock and printed some really dark maroon onto it which I then scratched with sandpaper and smeared black ink over that. My waxy backing was made on glossy photopaper - also in maroon and black and then I printed the netting over the top of it all using Aspects of Design 1 - Flora rubber stamp set from The Stamp Man. Aaaaarrrrgggghh - rubber ..... had to put the plastic gloves on for that then  or else I'd have no skin left!!!!!
Enough already,.......... I stuck this onto a piece of back card with a torn edge which was inked in a gooey maroon ink. I say gooey 'cos it seems to have melted in the heat here including the spongy bit and is just a thick, cruddy mess that smells like lipstick, but - hey - it still works for me.   The  Raven image was printed 4 times and cut out to make a 3D image but I 'feathered' the edge to make him more...well.... feathery !! hahahaha
Gosh - I'm going on..... then I stuck on some Velvet Hydrangeas from Petaloo and a couple of leaves that I painted black to fit my scheme, a tassle and a piece of fibre from my stash. Oh and I slapped in there somewhere a piece of red plastic netting stuff that you get from a fruit baggie... you know ?? ... like you get oranges in ?? .... except I don't 'cos I'm allergic to them too.... but let's not go here :-D    Oh yeah - did I mention about the extra bloody bit I did on the raven with some ink ??   The sentiment tag is from Nana Vic's Digitals  and I added some words from the wonderful Mr Poe. :-)  Woah.... pause for breathe... here it is.........

6 comments:

  1. This is stunning! Love everything about it, especially the raven. Can't believe all the extra little details in there, wowie.

    Are you allergic to rubber??? Oh my gosh I dont know what I would do, sometimes I just like to sit and look thru all my rubber stamps for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautifull!!! Love the tassel, one of my favourite embelishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ike... I LOVE this project! And all the recycled goodies are right up my alley! You did an amazing job! OMGosh... I could not image being allergic to rubber, you poor thing! I am so happy that you shared your talents with me! You are very talented and I can't wait to see more goodies! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is STUNNING! an absolutely gorgeous project!!! You put hours of work in, but every moment was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. completely totally awesome, love the colours and the image, the raven is absolutely fantastic
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete